From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCA control with labview(?)

Hello I am a psysicist  trying to build a rotating photon detector (gamma camera) powered by a stepper motor. I am using a PCI-6503 to control the stepper motor and and ORTEC's ASPEC-927 Multichannel Buffer for the signal acquisition and I need some help & guidance.

My problem is the control of my Multichannel Analyser, which is normally done with Maestro 32. I need to perform the following sequence: step (stepper motor) - begin counting - stop counting- export data (results) to Labview- next step etc. I have to find a way to do it through Labview.

I tracked some NI forum posts referring to MCA drivers but they were too old (2000) I hope thing have changed since then. I have also been searching a lot in the internet but all I have come up with is either a publication "LABVIEW-BASED MCA EMULATION SOFTWARE FOR ORTEC MULTICHANNEL BUFFERS" or some reference to ActiveX usage for such a task. If someone has knowledge on the matter, I would like to know what is achievable and what is not. I have no knowledge of ActiveX programming whatsoever by the way.

ps.I haven't found anything relative to the communication of  labview with Maestro 32 which is the default software provided with the MCA card nor "reading" the .chn output files from labview so I assume it is out of the question.

thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,517 Views)