LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX with sbRIO and RT Target

Is there a way to set up MAX with a sbRIO and RT Target without actually connecting to the sbRIO? After that, is there a way to debug the programming for the sbRIO using MAX without actually having the sbRIO?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,105 Views)

Not yet, you will have to simulate in LV for windows.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,087 Views)

Hey Russ,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to simulate an sbRIO in MAX. However, you can manually add an sbRIO to a new project by right-clicking, in the project, on the project name (ie Project: Untitled Project 1) and selecting New >> Target and Devices. Then choose New Target or Device >> Real-Time Single-Board RIO >> sbRIO-XXXX. This will add the sbRIO target to your project. You can then right click on the sbRIO target and select New >> VI. This will create a new VI under the target and you can begin programming as if you're connected to the sbRIO. However, you will still need the Real-Time Module. Hope this helps!

--Ryan S

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,085 Views)

I still don't know how to debug the program without physically connecting the the sbRIO, which I do not have at this time.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,074 Views)

Hey Russ,

I guess it depends on what you mean by debug. If you simply want to look through the code and check for broken run arrows, then that's possible. If you mean running the actual code using a simulated device and looking for unexpected behavior and bugs, then that's not possible. Depending on how much you can modify the code, you could simulate a cDAQ chassis with a module that has functionality similar to that of the sbRIO and use that to fully debug your code. Hope this helps!

--Ryan S.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,064 Views)