From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX unable to install XNET onto cRIO

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a cRIO-9067 and a NI-9860 XNET module. I am trying to install NI-XNET onto the cRIO, but I am unable to. When I use MAX and use the Add/Remove Software Wizard, the option to check NI-XNET 19.1.0 is unavailable, stating that "it is not installed on your host", despite MAX reporting it installed on my PC. I have NI CompactRIO 19.1 installed as well. I am using LabView 2018 on Windows 7 Pro.

Before I used CompactRIO 19.1 I had 18.5 installed, so I installed XNET 18.5 and the same error occurred. I also fully removed the entire LabView stack from my PC and reinstalled it and no dice.

Is there a step I am missing here?

Gq1Of6P

Thanks!

Donney

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,547 Views)

Donney, do you have installed the XNET Real-Time support?

2019-10-09 15_06_19-Clipboard.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,494 Views)

Hi Oscar,

No I do not have that installed. How would I go about installing that?

Thanks,

Donney

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,485 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DonneyF

Donney, you should be able to select the option when installing the driver:

NI-XNET 18 and previousNI-XNET 18 and previous

NI-XNET 19 and newerNI-XNET 19 and newer

If you do not see the option, make sure the Real-Time module is installed.

All the best,

Message 4 of 5
(2,448 Views)

Thanks for the reply Oscar. The option did not appear when I tried to reinstall XNET via the Package Manger. I think it is because I had Real-Time 18.0 installed.

My solution was then to uninstall CompactRIO 19.1 and XNET 19.1 and manually download CompactRIO 18.5 and XNET 18.5 separately bypassing the Package Manager.

Now I am able to install XNET onto my cRIO.

Thanks for the help,

Donney

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,438 Views)