From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX "Devices and Interfaces" search spinner not spinning

xfrmrs_0-1656089758999.png

Circled in the image is a spinner in MAX which shows after expanding the "Devices and Interfaces" (while MAX is searching).   Mine has not spun since the first few launches after the initial installation. 

Maybe not a big deal, but wondering whether there is a way to 1) fix it (without complete reinstall of NI products or wiping my system) and 2) whether this behavior is indicative of a bigger issue.

Regards, 

-Thom

"10 kinds of people,

only one knows binary.
Flash! and now is not." 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(703 Views)

If you open up the tree using the down arrow, keeping Devices and Interfaces highlighted and press the 'F5' key does it search?

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(683 Views)

Hi GovBob,

it always does searches, though,  (maybe a different issue) often requires a restart or two before returning the expected results (returns odd reference (handles?) to the equipment.

regards,

-Thom  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(647 Views)

... as an example, i see this (or similar) goofy reference for the PXI-GBIP board along with a database comm error alot

xfrmrs_0-1656168281287.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(643 Views)