LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX has no "Devices and interfaces"

I am running LabVIEW 2010 Version 10.0f2

My “Measurement & Automation Explorer” (MAX) does not have a “Devices and interfaces” option. Any ideas why?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(10,350 Views)
What hardware drivers did you install?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(10,344 Views)

Hi there, this is Paul with Applications Engineering National Instruments

Make sure that your device drivers were the final thing installed in your installation process.  You can either get these device drivers from your installation disks, or you can download the latest versions here:  http://www.ni.com/drivers/ .  I'd recommend downloading the NI Device Drivers unless you know you are only going to be working with DAQmx devices, in which case you could download NI DAQmx.

Regards,

Paul

Paul Davidson
National Instruments
Product Owner - ni.com Chat
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(10,319 Views)

i've the same problem the devices and interfaces doesn't show anything, I'm using LabVIEW 2013 and I'm trying to find my Arduino uno on com 10

Message 4 of 8
(8,677 Views)

Reviving two threads this old is not going to get you helped any faster.  Annoying the community generally gets people to ignore you.

In the future, don't bump the old thread.  Open a new thread.  Ask your question.  When you read old threads, TRY the solution that worked in them.  After that, you can tell the community what has not worked for you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(8,659 Views)

@ramymagdy wrote:

i've the same problem the devices and interfaces doesn't show anything, I'm using LabVIEW 2013 and I'm trying to find my Arduino uno on com 10

This thread is about a completely missing "Devices and Interfaces" section in MAX. is it really missing in your case or does it just not show any devices that you would expect to show up?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(8,626 Views)

Some times because of antivirus or firewall settings, it is observed that, MAX gets corrupted and it does not show all sections properly.

Repair option should solve the problem, If not, there is a patch available on link....https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-12805

With Regards

Miraz
Kudos is better option to thank somebody on this forum
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 8
(8,578 Views)

Hi all, the MAX Database reset has been included in MAX since version 5.0, I believe.  It is simple to use.  In MAX, go to Tools>Reset Configuration Data and follow the prompts.  A restart will be required after.  On the first open of MAX, it can take a few minutes as it rebuilds its database.

Paul Davidson
National Instruments
Product Owner - ni.com Chat
Message 8 of 8
(8,563 Views)