From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX files not found, but LabVIEW 2017 installer says it is installed locally?

I am trying to install a LabVIEW 2017 evaluation, however whenever I install the program and run the executable, LabVIEW doesn't run. The executable does absolutely nothing. In the past I have improperly uninstalled another version of LabVIEW (that worked fine), but do to my not using the uninstaller, there may be loose files scattered about my drive and registry that I cannot find. I have used the NI package installer to remove some of the corrupted NI files, however when I run the LabVIEW installer, everything is fine except that "NI Measurement & Automation Explorer 17.0" is still installed locally as shown: untitled.png

I also cannot choose the remove this feature and this doesn't appear in my NI Package Manager. According to the manager, all relevant NI software has been removed, and yes, I have gone into the settings to display everything, not just products and applications. I have lost alot of time working on a final project for school due to this issue. I would appreciate any ideas anybody has to fix this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,976 Views)

Sigh.  You may need to re-image the machine.  This happened to three machines of mine, and after struggling for several weeks, I reformatted the C: drive, reinstalled Windows, reinstalled everything else, reinstalled LabVIEW 2016, and did not try to re-install LabVIEW 2017.  [I only needed to do this on two machines -- the third seemed to "uninstall" safely].  To be fair, I have since managed to successfully install it on an isolated Test machine, but am not (yet) willing to risk another several weeks of down-time with a Production machine.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,950 Views)

I would prefer not to as a have a ton of files on my pc and don't own an external hard drive to back my files and program data up to.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,941 Views)