From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX does not recognize USB devices???

I am having a strange problem....When I plug a USB device(such as cDaq 9172) it does not show up in MAX.  What is the strange part is that I have used it many times before with no problem.  What could I possibly have changed since last time when it was working.  The only change I remember is that I installed NI-Daqmx v.8.5 when we bought our 2nd chassis.  Even that chassis worked after the install, now I cannot get anything to work.  I also have a USB 6009 that worked before, and now it is not.  Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,461 Views)
There are a number of troubleshooting options to examine which should resolve your issue

- Refresh the list of devices in MAX (press F5)
- Plug the device into a different slot
- Ensure that the device is detected on another system to eliminate the possibility of hardware failure
- Close and re-open MAX
- Close MAX, delete the ini file located in the MAX directory (C:\Program Files\National Instruments\MAX\NIMAX.ini)
- Repair install MAX from Add / Remove Programs dialog
- Delete or rename the data folder in your MAX directory (C:\Program Files\National Instruments\MAX\Data)
- Uninstall / Re-install MAX and DAQmx 8.x

Contact National Instruments (ni.com/support) if you continue to experience difficulties
Elijah Kerry
NI Director, Software Community
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,436 Views)

I'm having the same problem..any other things to try?

Thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,389 Views)
Hello BAMLABS,

I see that you are also having issues with having MAX recognize your device.

You can check out this link to to a different discussion forum on a similar issue.

You want to check the driver version and driver installation. Let me know if the steps from the other discussion forum help.

Regards,
  Sandra T.

Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,367 Views)