From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX database corrupts regularly

Hi,

MAX database corrupts and needs to be reset. Not sure whether windows security policy or company security policy is causing this. Is there a way to prevent this? Production testers are impacted as device names and tasks are lost.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(581 Views)

There are two services that, if not running, will make it appear as if the NI-MAX database is corrupted.  (It will even report that it is corrupted.)  These are NI Configuration Manager and NI Device Loader.  Setting the start preference to "Automatic delayed" often helps this.  If they aren't already set that way, set them and reboot.  Hopefully everything works after that.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(556 Views)

You've given us no details about how your test systems are operating when this occurs.  We can only provide general advice and ask questions. 

Billion [Edit: Billko- he's gotta love that auto correction] gave you some good general ideas.  Here are a few questions. And some GREAT advice.

• Are the systems running LabVIEW built applications or running code in a development environment?
  • Are they attended by actively interacting users or running overnight?
  • What is the user flow? e.g. user loads DUT, presses start, unloads DUT. WRR (wash, rinse repeat)
  • Where are the DAQmx Task configurations? MAX, Test.lvproj, <Support>\NI DAQ\DAQmx.ini, elsewhere, unsaved?
  • What devices exist? How are they connected to <localhost>?
  • Does your IT department push updates requiring restart WITHOUT CLOSING ALL APPLICATIONS FIRST? 

If the answer is yes to the last question seek legal counsel inre: "Extreme Duress" as a mitigating factor.  It may reduce your sentence. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(543 Views)