From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX and NiDAQ compatibility

We have a non plug and play DAQ bord that is only supported by NiDaq 6.1 and earlier. We are using LabView 4.1 and Win95. Presently we have MAX (Measurement and Automation Explorer) 2.0.3.6 loaded with NiDAQ 6,8. Is MAX compatible with earlier versions of NiDaq? What would be involved in rolling back from NiDaq 6.8 to Nidaq 6.1 (All of our hardware is supported with NiDaq 6.1)?

Thanks,
Conrad
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,596 Views)
MAX is not compatible with earlier versions of NI-DAQ. You can, however, go back to an earlier version of DAQ. Just uninstall NI-DAQ, and install the earlier version. You will need to use the NI-DAQ Configuration Utility instead of MAX to configure your DAQ hardware.

Joe
Message 2 of 7
(2,585 Views)
If a go back to NiDaq 6.1, will I have to change my channel descriptions in LabView to be based on the Dev # and Channel #, instead of using the names that I assigned in the MAX utility? Is there an earlier program that allowed this name aliasing capability?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,579 Views)

@TheRad wrote:
Is there an earlier program that allowed this name aliasing capability?

Yes, this program was called the NI-DAQ Channel Wizard.
Message 4 of 7
(2,575 Views)
I am trying to remove NiDaq 6.8 and MAX before I install NiDaq 6.1 for my legacy boards. When I try to add/remove from the control panel, I am not given the option to remove NiDaq. It only allows me to deselect support for LV 5.1, 6.1, Visual Basic, etc. Is there a written procedure somewhere on the best way to roll back the Nidaq drivers?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,557 Views)
Hello,

Give me your email address please and I would be able to give you a software that will help you out remove these programs.

Thanks,

LA
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,542 Views)
Conrad.Seymour@fsi-intl.com

Thanx
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,531 Views)