LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX 4.8 issues with DAQmx 9.2.3

I am having/have been having issues with MAX 4.8 and DAQmx 9.3 and 9.2.3. Symptoms began with MAX being very slow to load, randomly would report other driver errors while running DAQmx sub vis (like read channel, write channel, etc.) and occasionally giving me the error 88705. The interesting thing is that I have changed nothing from yesterday to today and though I had this problem once or twice yesterday, restarting my computer would fix it. Today that did not work. The cards would also fail a self test. I thought this might be a driver issue with 9.3, so I uninstalled 9.3, removed the cards, and installed 9.2.3 with the intention of reinstalling the cards. However, when I opened MAX 4.8, the cards read as if they were installed, though they are in a box next to my computer. I thought I might have to delete the cards from MAX, and so upon right clicking them, the delete option is greyed. I am just trying to figure out a way to install MAX with DAQmx so it can drive two PCIe 6529 cards.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,130 Views)

Hello,

The issue that your are seeing is actually due to the device loader not being loaded properly. You actually didn't need to uninstall DAQmx 9.3. To remedy this issue just follow instructions on the following article:

NI Device Loader (nidevldu) and NI Configuration Manager Services Not Starting

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0819391CA91B3EB38625731D00024649?OpenDocument

Regards,

JVP

Best Regards,
Jignesh Patel
Principal RF Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,115 Views)