LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX 3.1: Hypertrend Cursor doesn't work correctly

Hi all,

we've got a severe problem with MAX 3.1.1.3003: the Hypertrend Cursor does always show NULL values!

Is this known and is there a solution to it?

Another problem (just cosmetic) is that MAX sometimes displays many horizontal lines. After klicking into the graph the graph is redrawn correctly.

So long,
Carsten
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,487 Views)
Hi,
I think this are known issues, but I don't know where you can find a patch. For the first problem I attached a hypertrend.dll, which was send to me from a NI application engineer. This should solve the problem with NULL values. If you find a solution for the second error, please post this.

Dirk
Message 2 of 10
(3,483 Views)
Thanks Dirk, that worked!

I'm a bit disappointed that there's no new version of MAX in the actual Dev. Suite (Nov. 2004). This cursor bug seems to be pretty severe to me (at least it constricts the usefulness of the historical data viewer tremendously).

Carsten
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,478 Views)
I´ve seen both errors in MAX 3.1 (horizontal lines & NULL Value in Hypertrend)

The new hypertrend.dll didn´t help with the NULL Value.

I know nothing exact about the horizontal lines cause they are very seldom.

But the not working Hypertrend Values really desturb a lot: I can´t use the cursors at all.

thanks for any help

tom
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,410 Views)
Hello Tomker,

I wanted to doublecheck that you were dropping the hypertrend.dll in the systems32 folder. Because, I am pretty confident that it works.

Regards,

Arun
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,387 Views)
Hi Arun,
yes, I am working with the version 2.0.0.842 in the system32 folder.

But after checking the NULL-Value again I found out, that I only see a NULL if some
of the data is missing!
Sometimes TAGS do not appear correctly in MAX on an PC in the LAN.
This PC is connected thru "import network tags" with the Citadel data written from another PC.
In MAX, after zooming enough, I see that there is no connecting line between two data points.
There the data is missing. I do not know how to solve this.

thanks

tom
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,381 Views)
Hello Tomker,

For how long is the data missing? Is the data missing in lot of places? Are other traces missing the data at the same time or are they missing the data at different times? Sorry about the long list of questions. I am trying to rationalize what is happening.

Regards,

Arun V
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,350 Views)
Hi Arun,
I talked to an sysop of our net and he foung "a lot" of tcp/ip collisions between the two pc´s which are involved in this. They are in different subnets and are connected thru switches.
The Tags are written periodically once a minute for about 20 tags (all triggered at approx. the same time). Sometimes I do not see the tag data for all tags only for one period. SOmetimes two periods are missing.

How does the "sending" pc connect to the "recieving" one? They actually do not really know from eachother. Does the communication use broadcasts?

thanks

tom
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,343 Views)
Hello Tom,

The protocol that is used is a modified form of UDP. In essence, we have built some handshaking to go with the UDP protocol to do some error checking.

Regards,

Arun V
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,330 Views)
Hi Arun,
unfortunatly we sometimes do not see the tags on other machines which did a "import network tags".
Usually with this we try to get a 2nd copy of the citadel data base.
But if there is more than one switch between the pc´s the data is not guaranteed and we can´t
rely on the 2nd citadel data.
Is there any workaround or help on that?
thanks
tom
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,322 Views)