LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC V2.2 conversion to V3.1 mass compile cant find certain VIs

I have some MAC LabView 2.2 files that I need to convert to Labview 2012.  I have started using the conversion tool to go to Version 3.1.

During the mass compiler process it tells me that it cannot find a lot of VIs such as “Open Folder”, “Open Files”, etc. 

I am having the same problem as the person in this thread:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/I-try-to-convert-LAbview-2-2-VI-to-Labview-3-1-for-MAc-using-the/td-...

I tried what Dennis’ suggested by saving files such as “Open File+.VI” from Version 3.1 as just “Open File.VI” but when I select the newly saved file it doesn’t take; it just re-prompts me for the VI again.

So can someone explain further what I need to do to find these VIs? Or get the ones from Version 3.1 to work?

Thanks

T

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,189 Views)

T,

The problem you run into in converting VIs that old is that some of the functions and VIs used in the older version simply do not have any direct equivalents in the newer versions.  You have to go in and reprogram things to get the same functionality with the new VIs.

Do you have an old Mac on which to run the LV 2.2 version? If so, I would spend enough time with that version to document what the program does and then write a new program in LV 2012 with the same capabilities (plus all the new things someone will have decided to add).  Make backups and print out all the diagrams.  Just in case.

I am currently in the process of rewriting a program which is currently in LV5, LV6, and LV8.6 to LV 2012. This program started out in LV1.2 and was rewritten in 2.2.1 or 3 and then converted to 5 and upgraded a few times.  Event though I was the programmer in all the versions, very little of the current version except for some user interface items will be carried forward to the new version.

Lynn

Message 2 of 4
(2,172 Views)

Thanks Lynn, I had a feeling that was going to be the answer.

Looks like I have a lot of work ahead.

thanks again!

-T

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,131 Views)

Think of it this way: When you are done you will have a modern program which you have documented properly and which includes many new features (such as event structures) compared to a multi-step upgrade with many ill-defined broken VIs requiring mysterious fixes to get an obsolete program running, sort of.  And it is probably not much more work.

Post again as you run into problems.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,129 Views)