LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M series PCI-6254 calibration error

Hi there,

I am finding issues using my PCI-6254 (M-series) card. The problem was highlighted to me as automated reading/tests were failing in my setup. Upon examination the AI card was found to be malfunctioning. I resorted to NI-Max in order to find anything and following issues were found.

1. A constant reading of -10V was appearing at all the channels even no external source was connected to the card.

2. Card's temperature was being showed to be 1000 C (which obviously was erroneous)

3. Card's due external calibration date was found to be well exceeded.

4. Reset and self test was happening but self calibration halted showing an error 200545.

any solution to this problem?

Thanks in anticipation

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,375 Views)

dani89529,

There's some questions that might be worth checking:

1. Do you see any physical damage in the PCI card? Maybe a burnt component, temperature excess, or debris/dust in the connectors or components?
  2. Do you have other PCI-6254 cards that do work properly? (i.e. can we assure the problem relies in the card and not the computer's software)
  3. Did anything change in your test system when this behavior started happening?

Moving forward, NI provides calibration services and repair services for devices that need external calibration or repair, and it might be worth checking if you can troubleshoot with Technical Support and send the card for repair, if needed.

All the best,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,287 Views)

To answer your questions, 

Ans 1, No visible damage to card. Not only it is visibly fine but also the digital lines are working fine too. The problem only lies with AI lines.

Ans 2, Yep, other cards are working just fine with the same system.

Ans 3, Not that i know of.

Now the solution of using NI services for external calibration will be dependent if i am sure the card is not toasted already. Card showing temp of 1000C is worry some. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,280 Views)

dani89529, thanks for your answers.

I wouldn't be surprised if the internal EEPROM is the one causing these conflicts, since you mention the reported temperature does not make sense, and the self-test is having troubles, too.

Maybe it's worth checking in with NI's repair services and have the card hardware is checked.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,277 Views)

Thanks for being responsive to my query. 

Can u please refer someone from repair services? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,256 Views)

dani89529, I advise you to get in contact directly with out support team: Request Repair and RMA

All the best,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,237 Views)