From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love controls 16b communicate with labview 2012

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I need to investigate the way to communicate temperature controller 16b (Modbus) with Labview. I have looked at many topic in forum and found out the Modbus library (http://www.ni.com/example/29756/en/) but it has many thing in here so i do not know what specific example i need to look at. My task is very simple: Use labview to change the set value of the temperature controller.

I am pretty new with Labview so if someone knows the answer, please give me detail instruction. It would be good if you can send me an example Vi. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,591 Views)

I have tried follow this link http://www.ni.com/tutorial/13911/en/ but there has no Modbus Simulator.lvproj in my labview example 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,525 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author achimost

The question is a little TOO simple, unfortunately.  Without having more information, all I can really provide you with is some general information.

The Modbus Simulator gets installed with the LabVIEW DSC Module.  That's an extra addon to LabVIEW that brings various things, such as Modbus communication, into LabVIEW.

For what you're doing, it's likely you'll be able to work with the Modbus library you linked.  It's a free library, although not supported by NI support.  If you have formed questions, you can typically post those here and get some guidance.

What you're going to need to do first is take a step back and look at your product.  You want to change a value on the temperature controller.  Where does that value exist on the controller?  Modbus has registers that you can use as whatever variable you'd like.  You'd need to look at the controller's documentation to see where they look for the temperature setpoint.  Without that documentation, the simple question becomes a brute forced nightmare.  Once you have that, you can take a look at the examples that come with the Modbus library you linked to find a way to modify the specific registers you're interested in.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,521 Views)