LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost contact with daq modules

Trying to upgrade yet another system from Win XP / LV 8.something  going to Win 7 / LV 2013.    New problem on this one.   Using a PCI-6021 daq with an SCC-68 accessory panel.  The accessory panel has three plug in modules, two SCCAI-06 milli-volt analog input modules in slots 1 & 2 and an SCC-RLY relay module in slot 3.

Everything works fine on the old system.  Put the new system in, set up everything in MAX, including the attached SCC-68 no problem.  Now, I can talk to all the channels on the DAQ ok but cannot get anything going with the three plug in modules. System sees them, I can open their respective test panels but get no signal from the AI's and cannot actuate the Relay.

Any idea why this link would be lost just by changing the computer ?  The new computer has the same PCI-6221 DAQ, well, not the exact same one but another like it.  Is there some other configuration that I have forgotten about ?   I have already done another system that has just the SCC-RLY module plugged in and Iwas able to talk to that no problems so this stumps me.  I put the old computer back and everything talks just fine.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Doug

"My only wish is that I am capable of learning each and every day until my last breath."
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,420 Views)

Page 3 and no views.  Ouch.

I know my subject linw was a little weak but not even a single view?

Really need a few thoughts on this if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks

Doug

"My only wish is that I am capable of learning each and every day until my last breath."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,374 Views)

The only thing I can think about is that your latest DAQmX driver on windows 7 machine does not support those accessories.

I found something which is a bit dated (http://www.ni.com/white-paper/6917/en/#SC), that seems to sugges version 9.3 supports them. I couldnt find a more up to date article. It may be worth giving NI a call, maybe?

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,361 Views)

This a pretty fresh install of LV 2013 so should have the latest and greatest.  I checked the driver revision in MAX and it shows 9.7.5, newer than what the minimum required shows to be.

The link shows the SCC-68 and modules (it doesn't specify any individual modules so I would expect in means it supports all of them) are supported with DAQmx 9.3 and later.

I have another new system with the SCC-68 and the SCC-RLY module that works fine.

I did just discover a possible clue.   I noticed yesterday that the LED for the internal 5vdc power source on the SCC-68 was not lit when I had the new system connected.  I just checked and with the old system in place, the LED is lit.  I vaugely recall now that I had lost the control voltage on one of my PCI-6221 DAQ's and perhaps this is one of them,  I have been hopscotching them from old systems to new ones as I replace them.

The more I think about it, the more I think this may be the the issue.  Will check it out when I can again get access to the station and try the new computer while running an external input for the control voltage.

Will post my results to bring to a conclusion.

Doug

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,352 Views)

That may well be the problem.

My point above was that the greatest and latest version of DAQmx may not support the not so current SCC Series modules.

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,342 Views)

The power light not being on is certainly an issue that will prevent the scc modules from working. Here is the breakdown of the power light states and what they mean from the manual: http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374748b.pdf#page=20

If you do have an external 5V power supply, you can always use that if you cannot find a DAQ card that has a working 5V rail.

I did want to clear up that they are supported in DAQmx 9.8, the latest version. That white paper is about 3 years old, and at the time it was written, 9.3 was the most recent version. 

Trevor B.
PSE
National Instruments
Message 6 of 6
(2,335 Views)