LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss ends on a cable tester

@Bob_Schor wrote:

Before James Morris jumps all over me, do not simply post a picture (a JPEG or an "ordinary" PNG), as those with 2015 won't be able to drag the picture to an empty LabVIEW 2015 Block Diagram and have it magically become code (they'll swear at you, instead).

Bob_Schor.png

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(839 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

I know that my set of LabVIEW 2015 disks haven't yet arrived (it's only been "out" less than three weeks), and I'm willing to guess that 95% of the readers of this Forum are not using it.  

You mean you don't download them as soon as they come out?  Even if I have disk coming I usually can't wait to get my hands on it.  This time around I was in on the beta so I did know about this feature change.  

Another nice thing that you'll know when you have it installed, is that the new Write Delimited Spreadsheet also exposes the error information.  It was so frustrating to try to suggest this canned function to new users, but then also to encourage proper error handling.  Previously if an error was generated you'd see the simiple error handler dialog and then get an empty array out of the read.  With this you'd have no way of knowing if the function had an error in the attempt to read.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(820 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

the new Write Delimited Spreadsheet also exposes the error information.

This is really really good news, even with how small of a change it is. I was so tired of that error handler in there.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(814 Views)

Yes, I also played with the Beta.  However, I've had enough "installation" issues over the years that if I'm going to install on my main Development PC, I want to get the "official" full kit.  Having to download multiple parts (and then not knowing if you've go everything or not) is tedious ...  Even when the full kit comes and is used for an installation, things still go awry (this year it was MAX, an echo of a problem from two or three years ago, solved with the help of an NI engineer by a Repair and only having to swap in 6 disks, one from each of 6 different kits ...).

BS

Message 14 of 15
(795 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

In LabVIEW 2015, NI changed the name (and the Icon) of Write to Spreadsheet File to "Write Delimited Spreadsheet", possibly in an attempt to get people to no longer think they were "writing an Excel File".  I know that my set of LabVIEW 2015 disks haven't yet arrived (it's only been "out" less than three weeks), and I'm willing to guess that 95% of the readers of this Forum are not using it.  All of the remarks I made for "Write to Spreadsheet File" are also applicable to "Write Delimited Spreadsheet".

Bob Schor

This alone will save Terabytes of hard drive spece on the NI forum server.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(775 Views)