cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lose the cursor name in XY graph

Solved!
Go to solution

I have this cursor name loss question:

I have two cursors of interest in the attached graph, the shallow green one which lose the cursor name (I have already enabled the cursor name), the dark green one which has the cursor name with it "LTstart". Can someone help me find the cursor name back? Thanks!

Arnold
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,079 Views)

Hi,

Check this image. Let me know if it helps.

Gaurav k
CLD Certified !!!!!
Do not forget to Mark solution and to give Kudo if problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,068 Views)

Hi,

You can also make visible the cursor name, programatically..try the attached VIsnippet.

Ganesan Kani

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,052 Views)

Actually, I tried your method, but it doesn't work for one disappreared cursor, I can never find it back.

Arnold
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,011 Views)

Hi mugger,

pls see the attached snippet for how to make specific cursor visible programatically.

Ganesan Kani

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,005 Views)

I also did that, but it doesn' help. I think the problem is after I turned the cursor name up, dragged it to a corner, and rescaled X or Y axis, it was moved somewhere, but I will never find it back. Any solution?

Arnold
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,989 Views)

Hi mugger

In the cursor legent, right click on the cursor and select "Bring to Center" or set the  Cursor X/ Cursor Y position

see in the attached pic..

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,982 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mugger

Hi there Mugger,

I have encountered the same problem with my cursors several times. The label goes missing and sometimes I even had to replace the graph with a new one to get the cursor labels back. Centering the cursor doesn't do any good, because it's the label that lost its "locking" to the cursor in the first place.

For a long time I struggled with this problem, but early this year I discovered somewhere in this forum, that there is a kind of hidden attribute for the cursor label position. You can not create it directly from the graph, but it is showing if you check the help for Cursor List -attribute. You will see it in the bottom marked "Label offset" (X,Y). By setting these values you will probably be able to get your label back to its cursor again.

Cheers,

Cerati

Message 8 of 8
(2,970 Views)