LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to trigger a spread sheet write based on an set change.

Good day

I am looking to find a way to trigger a loop to write to a spread sheet.

I have a vi that records to a spread sheet based on a Boolean, but what I want to do in every time a value increases by say 15GPM and is stable for within +-10% for say 10 seconds to then trigger a start for the loop to record X readings.

If input increases by 15GPM and is stable for 10 seconds; then trigger record input

Any ideas will be much welcomed

Thank You

Jay

vi 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,079 Views)

Please attach your VI.  Do not attach a tiny picture of the VI, but rather the actual VI, itself.  It saves us unnecessary eye-strain, plus we can edit and even run code, but it is hard to do that with pictures.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,061 Views)

In order to check for a stable value, use the PtByPt Stdev vi in the Signal Processing pallete.  This can calculate a running standard dev and if the value is within a certain threshhold, write the value to a spreadsheet. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,052 Views)

if you want to do it in simple, check for the input data and and start time once the new value/Value changes then monitor the value as well as the time, if value changes before reaching 10 sec then reinitialize the timer if the timer reaches 10 sec then trigger to write.

Time can be calculated by "current time - Start time"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,011 Views)

Here is the VI that I am starting with.

So when input 1 reaches a value then writes to the file, then increment to the next value being say 10 gpm  more than the first. this is to occur till an end point value is reached.

The issue is how to get the increment portion to work.

I think I have been looking at it so long I may have missed the obvious.

Thanks again

Jay

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,992 Views)

Here is the VI that I am starting with.

So when input 1 reaches a value then writes to the file, then increment to the next value being say 10 gpm  more than the first. this is to occur till an end point value is reached.

The issue is how to get the increment portion to work.

I think I have been looking at it so long I may have missed the obvious.

Thanks again

Jay

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,992 Views)

First of all if you need to modify your recent post you can use modify option instead of posting twice.

When it comes to your code, Ensure you are using Proper Design Patterns and Coding standards.

Hope Your Requirment can be done with Two Loops which runs parrallely, one is to Acquire data and the other is to Write to spread sheet.

Avoid usage of Sequence structure unnecessarily.

You can use shift register to increment.

Which is the input value from your code to checl whether the difference in input is 10gpm in the code.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,977 Views)