LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for the right setup for the NI-9233 accelerometer module....

I am a bit new on doing high-speed vibration analysis...I see a ton of info on the software programming aspect of things, though my main concern right now is getting the hardware setup correct 1st.

Right now my data-acquisition test platform consists of the following:1) A main desktop or laptop PC with a LabVIEWsoftware platform that integrates multiple device inputs into a live read-out of test-cell data-acquisition & control, as well as report analysis during and after the test.  The multiple device inputs to this desktop/laptop are the following:

1) A dedicated control & daq semi-PLC device that has 2 data output options: a) USB ... 1 averaged data sample per second...this is for read purposes only, & b) CAN input/output... 10 samples per second data outpu, and allows for a control input from the desktop/laptop via a NI-8473 CAN to USB converter.

2) NI DAQ hardware inputs via MAX configuration.

My main concern is I do not want to create a bottleneck for the vibration DAQ input data.  If I am looking to sample up to 5,000 samples per second max and down to 200 samples per second minimum for vibration analysis, would I be able to pull this much data in per second in using the NI-9233 module through the USB configuration?  Say I have more than a few USB devices hooked up to the Desktop/laptop PC (such as other USB DAQ input/output modules) will these limit the speed input of the NI-9233 module?

My next concern is how to configure my present VI during run-time while taking all DAQ inputs (some at 1 sample per second, others at 10 samples per second).... when I begin taking up to a 5khz sampling rate for vibration diagnostics, do I just average out the other ZEROs that will be read from the other devices?  And I will then most likely to need to add another time controlled loop to allow only a 4 times/per second output to the external control device so as not to time-out that device.

What would be the most efficicent cost-wise setup for the 9233 module that I could use satisfactorily?  USB, PXI, CRIO?

Also, is the Sound & Vibration Analysis toolkit worth getting?  I didn't check yet but does it have a cost per deployment to each executable?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,677 Views)
a bit of help?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,643 Views)

jonathanupr wrote:
a bit of help?

One problem is that this week not much work is being done in the US. Thursday was Thanksgiving day, yesterday was Black friday, and now it's the weekend.

Sorry, you probably need to wait a few more days. Maybe Monday? 😉

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,637 Views)

Also, this is more of a hardware question and you already made a duplicate post in a better place already.

Let's close this thread and continue over there. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,633 Views)