From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for similar VIs in DSC 7.0 to upgrade to DSC 8.5

Hi,
I am working on upgrading a project from DSC 7.0 to DSC 8.5. In the old project, I see they used the VI relating to the VI Server Development Toolkit which includes two sets of VIs. They are Server Registration VIs and Server Interface VIs. These are the old VIs. I think they were from 1997. Can anyone tell me if there is similar VI or what is the replace techique implemented for these VIs.
Thank you for your time reading and answersing my question.
Thang Nguyen
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,929 Views)

Hi Thang,

VI-based servers created in the LabVIEW Datalogging and Supervisory Control (DSC) Module 7.x are supported in the DSC Module 8.X. However, National Instruments recommends that you migrate to the new custom I/O server architecture because VI-based servers are a legacy feature of the DSC Module. There is a great knowledge-base article that describes the sets in detail of how you can go about doing this. Also, there are great examples in the NI Example Finder that will help you set up your I/O servers with DSC 8.5. You can also find more information in the LabVIEW help. I hope this helps!

Carla

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,843 Views)