LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for reference material for using counters/timers

I am using a 6221 DAQ and will use both counters.  One to read a pulsed signal sent by a brushless motor and the other to send a pulsed signal to control a pwm circuit on the same motor.  These may or may not run parallel depending on the product being tested.

To use the counters, the connections are made to two DIO channels (PFI x). What I am having a hard time finding out without doing a lot of trial and error work is which, if any, of the other DIO lines on the respective port are no accessable whle the counter task is active.  I use nearly all the open DIO's and if any them are rendered unuseable whie the counter is being used, it will cause me some problems.

If someone has a straight up answer that would be great but I am really wanting to find some reference material so that I can better wrap my head around the use of counters.

Thanks.....

Doug

"My only wish is that I am capable of learning each and every day until my last breath."
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,398 Views)

According to the datasheet, digital lines are individually programmable as either input or output.  Other than the two you need to reserve for your counter tasks, all the other digital lines should be available in the normal way.

Note too that while certain specific PFI lines are the defaults for the counters, you can program the counter tasks to use different PFI lines instead.  This may help if either of the defaults conflict with DIO that's already been wired up.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,373 Views)