From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for an inexpensive way to raise and lower a breadboard with LabVIEW

I have a breadboard that weighs approximately 50 lbs and i need to raise and lower it around 25 mm. I would like recommendations for the good low profile lifters (stages, scissor jacks, actuators) that are simple and do not require expensive controllers. Just need to be controlled with LabVIEW

Hardware i have: CRIO 9056

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(662 Views)

Since you have a CRIO, do you have an unused slot?  A NI-9472 module could be used for the LabVIEW control, and then you just need to find any sort of actuator that can be raised/lowered with a digital output signal, and not restrict yourself to something that has a control input designed for PCs.

The 9472 is just the cheapest one I saw, but there are many other modules that also do digital out that you could use also if you want other options, such as being able to use some of the lines as sensor inputs or to have different output levels, or to use relays instead of sourcing outputs.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(614 Views)