From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for ambiguous dialogs

Hi! I recently started working at NI and I'm interested in what dialog/error messages LabVIEW throws that the users find confusing/ambiguous/useless.

A good example is a case where LabVIEW (not a user-built VI) opens a dialog box with "Press OK to [perform some action] or Cancel to [perform some other action]" with an OK/Cancel button. The point here is that OK and Cancel buttons themselves don't describe what is actually going to happen, and that makes them sort of useless. I would like to find examples of these in LabVIEW.

Feel free to reply back, preferably with a VI or project I can load and reproduce the ambiguous dialog or error.

Some more background: I just started working at NI and with LabVIEW just shy of a month ago. As such, I'm slowly learning more and more about LabVIEW, but I don't have the insight that many of you, the end users, have. Hence, here I am! I'm hoping I can learn a lot from the LabVIEW "veterans" here.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,258 Views)

Welcome to LabVIEW and congrats on the position!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,252 Views)

Here's one that needs disambiguficationalifying

1.png

Message 3 of 5
(2,207 Views)

I''m going to add this one that I had posted to the Idea Exchange

Better error descriptions for Application Builder

I don't know if that particular idea really applicable to the questions you are asking here.  The dialog itself isn't necessarily ambiguous.  But the data it is showing doesn't give a clear idea on where to go look for the problem.

Message 4 of 5
(2,193 Views)

Thanks Bill

Been trying to spin an 8-ball here for a while

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,190 Views)