From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a driver vi for Advantech pci1243

I used to have Advantech pcl839 stepper motor control card with call functions that I could call from the ads839.dll library.
Now I'm using Advantech pci1243 stepper motor control card but I can't get the call functions from ads1243.dll library to work for me.
Is there maybe some VI's that can operate this card.
I just need basic operation like set_Speed, Direction and pulses to move.
Please advise.
Hannes

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,356 Views)

You have two options: either look at the Instrument Driver Network to see if any LabVIEW driver is provided or contact the manufacturer directly. Or you could try to commuicate directly with the card using a communication protocol, but that would be hard if you don't much about it.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,353 Views)

Advantech only provides a universal DLL for that card, so unfortunately there are no VIs which can talk to the card natively. What problems are you having interacting with the DLL? Here is an article that you might find useful in try to get the DLL calls to work.

John B.
Embedded Networks R&D
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,343 Views)

Hi John
Thanks for your advice so far.
I managed to call the dll library using Call Library Function Node.
I still have one problem though. Most of the functions use normal parameters (Long, Word, Double, etc.) but some of the functions have complex (Seems predefined parameters) that I have no idea what to do with. In the manual they refer to parameter structures.
One example would be:
LONG ADM_SetPtPMotionConfig(
LONG DriverHandle,
WORD wAxis,
ADM_PtPMotionConfig *pstPtPMotionConfig
);
The DriverHandle and wAxis I understand, but the parameter structure ADM_PtPMotionConfig is a bit vague to me.
Please assist.
I'll attach the manual if you want to have a look at it.
Thanks
Hannes

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,321 Views)

The typedef for that structure and more information is on pages 69-73 of the manual that you posted.

John B.
Embedded Networks R&D
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,294 Views)