LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a Low-cost System for High-speed Video Acquisition for Spanish Laboratory

We are looking for a video system in order to use it in a laboratory
for impact and collission study, so we need more thant 60
frames/second.

Te best offer we have at the moment is a Panasonic AG-HVX200 that seems
to be better for our pourposes and cheaper than Varicam system of Sony.

It is not necessary a light or beutiful videocamara as it will work in
an industrial like environment only in the laboratory.

We have a budget about 4.500 Euros for the videocamara and accessories.

The best published reference we found is
[Paper] A Low-cost System for High-speed Video Acquisition -
High-speed video-capture systems exist from some time now, ... A
low-cost approach As it said in the introduction high-speed video
acquisition systems do ...
www.actapress.com/PDFViewer.aspx?paperId=14322

I shall appreciate any offer, advice or contact in order to ask for
prices, as soon as possible.

Miguel A. Gallardo, E-mail: cita.sl@gmail.com
www.cita.es Tel.: (+34) 619776475

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,326 Views)
Hey Miguel A. Gallardo,

You have a couple of options here. First, I could suggest that you look into getting a camera that can send images directly into the computer, whether it be a Firewire digital camera, or a Camera Link digital camera, which can both acquire images at the framerates that you want to acquire at. Also, you need to consider what software that you want to use to do this. For example if you already have LabVIEW, then you can use the IMAQ and Vision functions to not only acquire images and save them to file, but you can also process the images. You would have to purchase the Vision package, which would add cost to your system, but if you want that capability, then it is available. Also, NI has hardware options that you can choose from, such as Framegrabbers that you can connect up a digital industrial camera to in order to acquire directly into the PC. Such boards as the PCI 1428 or PCI 1426 are Camera Link Framegrabbers that can acquire from Camera Link cameras that you can choose from. There is a great link that you can search for cameras and it is called the Industrial Camera Advisor. So your first option is to do some homework and put together a system on your own.

Another option you have is that you can have an Alliance Member or a select integrator help you put a system together. This is another route you can go, but getting their help might also add to your overall system cost. The help you get from them will probably save you a lot of time and effort overall though, so it might be worth it. There are some great Vision System Integrators available even in your region of the world that you can get in contact with to help you find a solution for your system. I hope this helps at least get you looking in the right direction. Please let me know if you have further questions or concerns regarding NI products to integrate into your solution and I will be happy to help you with that. Thanks, and have a great day.

Regards,
DJ L.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,309 Views)
I recall that citius High Speed camera was comparatively reasonably priced. I works on any PC with USB-port. I don't know the price level however. Check it out.

http://www.citiusimaging.com/

-
Tomi
--
Tomi Maila
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,303 Views)