LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for VI for PNI MicroMAG3

Hi,

I am having difficulty wiriting instructions to a PNI MicroMag3, 3 Axis Magnetromoter. A 8 Bit instruction must be sent during the first 8 clock cycles and then the Sensor should return a 8 bit value for the next 8 clocks. The Inital Instruction tell the sensot which axis to return data for.

I am using the USB 8451.

Would anybody have a VI that communicates with this sensor or could they advise how I can send the inital 8 bit instruction throuch the SPI connection.

The Data sheet is attached for the sensor.

All the best.

Gus

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,394 Views)

Here is the VI were are using to communicate to the Magnetromoter. I cant seem to get the sensor to return the data. After the first 8 clocks it should start to shift out the reading.

Great is someone could have a look.

Rgs

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,368 Views)

Hey Ben,

I can't look at your code now (can't download it while I am at work), so instead I am going to ask some stupid questions.

1) Did you check the clock polarity and phase (settable on the 8451)?

2) I've used the 8451 but it's been a couple of months... I think if you are trying to read from it, you need to write a byte, then read a byte....

I'll look up my code when I get home and see if I can remember the procedure.

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,349 Views)

Hi. 

I have a solution to this if anyone requires it contact me.

Rgs

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,193 Views)

Creg wrote:

Hi,

I am having difficulty wiriting instructions to a PNI MicroMag3, 3 Axis Magnetromoter. A 8 Bit instruction must be sent during the first 8 clock cycles and then the Sensor should return a 8 bit value for the next 8 clocks. The Inital Instruction tell the sensot which axis to return data for.

I am using the USB 8451.

Would anybody have a VI that communicates with this sensor or could they advise how I can send the inital 8 bit instruction throuch the SPI connection.

The Data sheet is attached for the sensor.

All the best.

Gus

Hi Creg, please can you help me with PNI Magnetometer - USB-8451 communication ? Any working vi code ? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,023 Views)
FYI - Main part should be working. The compas might need extra VI's there onthe web somewhere.
Download All
Message 6 of 7
(3,006 Views)

Thank you Creg

Best Regards

John
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,994 Views)