LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Solution with Queued Loops

Greetings all,

I have a problem with running two seperate cases as shown in attached .vi.

One case has a loop in it. Once it starts, the other seperate case does not respond to Cmds.

I have made a test file which is a simplified version of my customers code.

By probing I see that the Queue is getting fed but the lower loop is not de-queueing.

Any suggestions?

barry

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,530 Views)

Watch the code in execution highlighting mode and apply the "data flow paradigm" and you will see the issue.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,527 Views)
It will not because the inner loop is where the execution is blocked and will again check the dequeue only when you press stop3.
-When it's in Two case, press stop3 and then check.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,503 Views)

Yes,

I am seeing the problems and do realize it is the inner loop locking it. This is a replica of a customer requirement. I may be able to find another way but the inner loop of 2 must keep running while loop one sends out cmds ~2 seconds or so.

The Labview compiler or run-time knows that inner loop 2 is locked AND will not let loop one respond.

barry

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,491 Views)

Move it to another loop and add another queue, so you hve one for each slave loop OR use a notifier?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 6
(3,486 Views)

Yeah, each of your tasks should be in seperate loops.  You could just make another queue to talk to the new loop.  You could also use User Events to send the message to multiple locations, but that might be a little too big of a change.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,476 Views)