LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long term countdown timer

First, "borrowal" is not a word.

Second, doesn't Bowen's message give you a clue what to to?

Whenever the current time is greater than the due date, then the boolean is true.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 33
(1,216 Views)

Hello

i did implement what you told me.but i am getting an error

because i have to connect the updated status to the concatenate string as shown in the string

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 33
(1,212 Views)

@ Raven

I did implement it

but i am having error

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 33
(1,207 Views)

Well think about it.  You are trying to concatenate a Boolean data type to a string.  What do you want to be placed in that string when the Boolean is True?  What do you want to be placed in there when the Boolean is False?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 33
(1,201 Views)

i didnt want to key in manually if the latter return it or not on time..

i wanted it to be autogenerate automatically.

when the boolean is true: the date is exceeded and there ( is a notif (Misplaced) or led light up) representing that it is exceeding the limit of returning the equipment.

when it is false, it shall written Ok as the status

yeah concatenate this information so that i can store it in my database which i did with excel

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 33
(1,195 Views)

Then you will need to wire the boolean to a Select function that will return "Missing"  (or whatever) if True and "OK" if false.

Your manipulation of the date/time record cluster is not what BowenM showed you in is example.  Why did you change that?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 33
(1,190 Views)

Yes sir, what Mr BowenM show me is that the date is constant, but me i wanted to get the data autogenerate also. like i did 

in my VI, i add 7 days. 

But when i am trying to implement say thing for the time. I am unable

correct me if i am wrong

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 33
(1,180 Views)

sir i try to redo it

n follow what you told me and Mr BowenM says

This is what i am getting. Even though i am trying to connect it to the concatenate string, i am getting

error

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 33
(1,172 Views)

I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

Figuring out why wires are broken is a basic LabVIEW skill.  Hover over the wire with Context Help turned on will tell you why that wire is broken.

Spoiler
You've got two sources.

Bowen showed you when current time - checkout time is greater than 7 days, you are overdue.

You proceeded to program when Current time + 7 days - Current time is >= 7 days, you are overdue, but complicated it further by converted time to the date/time cluster than back again.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 33
(1,169 Views)

thank u very much

i will try it and check it out

thanks for helping

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 33
(1,157 Views)