LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical question, it's not enought to know LabVIEW, it's necessary intelligence...

Suppose that you have a while loop that generate random numbers between 0 and 9. Have you INTELLIGENT way to build an array in which you save data, but with FIFO LOGICAL: first in, first out. For example you generate this sequence:

1 3 9 2 8 4 8 2 9 1 2 0 1 2 3 2 0

SUPPOSE that array, that save data, is of 5 elements:

0 0 0 0 0

2 0 0 0 0

3 2 0 0 0

1 2 3 2 0

0 1 2 3 2

2 0 1 2 3

etc. etc. When the loop finish? The loop must finish when arrive, for example the number 9, and when there is this situation it's necessary save FIFO array in EXCEL file: when it's generated 9 the loop must finisch and there is necessary to save data. If you have INTELLIGENT SOLUTION post VI for LW8.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 97
(4,740 Views)

I can't figure out what you are trying to to by the way you are describing it.

You show a 1-D array, 2-D array, talk about Excel, talk about a FIFO.

The best thing you can do is sit down and define the problem yourself, and write out some pseudo code or make a flowchart that will describe each step of what you are trying to do.  Place in there any needed decision structures and any looping that is necessary.

And are you doing this in LabVIEW?  You talk about LW8 which to mean would mean LabWindows.  If you are talking about LabVIEW, the abbreviation would be LV8.

Message 2 of 97
(4,728 Views)
Not to mention this is another post where you are asking the fine folks here to do the work for you. Please, do some work on your own before asking everyone here to do the work for you. I know that I am much more willing, as I am sure most folks here, to help someone who asks specific questions, posts code or a desctiption of what they have done and shows some effort on their part.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 3 of 97
(4,722 Views)

FIRST OF ALL I DON'T ASK TO OTHER PERSON TO DO CODE FOR ME.

My question is always GENERAL QUESTION, LOGICAL QUESTION to think.

Mark who told you that I didn't try to do this before? Very bad write without know situation... think before write.

Array is 1D, it's important that random number go in array with FIFO logical.

I know that this is very hard question, but I prefer persons that tell that are not capable to do, istead persons that tell moralistic and very stupid comments.

I think that this excercise it's good to think. 

Regards.

Message Edited by Michelle1892773 on 02-24-2010 04:03 PM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 97
(4,714 Views)

This might be your friend. Whenever a new element is ready, rotate the existing array by 1 and replace the first element with the new one.

In your posts we're missing a sign of your efforts to solve your LV problems. So please calm down if you want people here to help you...

Message 5 of 97
(4,704 Views)

Hi

I think your answer, or screaming..., is inappropriate.

Show what you have done and what is the problem, in order to better understand the question... we are not all that intelligent you know...

N

Message 6 of 97
(4,697 Views)

Michelle1892773 wrote:

If you have INTELLIGENT SOLUTION post VI for LW8.

Michelle, you are absolutely asking someone else to do your work for you.  You say, flat-out, if someone has a solution, post it.    Not  "here's what I tried, why doesn't it work the way I expect?"  but  "If you have a solution, post it in LV8."

Can you not see the difference?

You're not asking for assistance in solving the problem.  You are asking someone else to solve the problem.

If you have indeed tried this on your own, as you seem to imply, then post what you've done and we'll tell you how to do it better.

If you want someone to write your code for you, I suggest you hire a good consultant, at their usual hourly rate.

Message Edited by DianeS on 02-24-2010 04:22 PM
Message Edited by DianeS on 02-24-2010 04:23 PM
Message 7 of 97
(4,676 Views)

I've looked over your first post several times, and can't seem to figure out what you want to do.

Are the 1D array and 2D array you posted related? I cant find a correlation.

We understand what FIFO is, and what an array is, but you are not clearly explaining your specific problem.

Cory K
Message 8 of 97
(4,670 Views)
Besides the shouting, the op called most if not all of the responders stupid. Vote her off the island?
Message 9 of 97
(4,665 Views)

Michelle,

I'm am simply trying to offer some advice. I, as most people here have a limited amount of time to volunteer here to help people. In almost everythread you have startedyou ask people to post their code solving the problem you are asking about. I have yet to see a single piece of code, or even a screen shot of any code that you have written. It is clear that English is not your primary language and it may be difficult to clearly express what you are trying to ask. Regardless, samples of what you have tried will go a long way to show that you are indeed putting effort into these problems and not simply asking for someone to do the work for you. Your original question in this post is not very clear about what you are even trying to accomplish. Therefore it is very difficult to even begin to offer any suggestions. All I am trying to say is that you will get more help when you show that you are trying different things and need some assistance with a particular issue. If you are posting this as a thought problem and challenge to see what types of solutions are possible than say that. I got the impression that you are trying to implement this problem and seeking someone to post the solution for you. If this is incorrect then I apologize.

Mark

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 10 of 97
(4,660 Views)