LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging off windows

When I log off Windows XP with either a LabView or LabWindows CVI application running the log off operation closes the LabView or LabWindows applications and then stops. If I then logoff again windows then shuts down. If I have several National applications running then I have to request a log for each one and an extra log off to finally close Windows. If I log off with any other application running I only need to log off once, Windows will close all the other applications and saving any data as required.

Has anyone any ideas why LabView and LabWindows behave like this or what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Steve
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,879 Views)
It depends on how you're logging off.....

There is a "Shutdown" feature which can be called from the command prompt. Have you tried this?

Try (shutdown -s -t 60 -c "Shutting down from LabVIEW") without the ( ).  This should shut down the system with a counter set to 60 seconds and the message "Shutting down from LabVIEW".  The shutdown can be aborted by calling "shutdown -a" from the command line before the 60 seconds are up.

Hope this helps

Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
Message 2 of 7
(2,860 Views)

Thanks Shane,

That works well, Set up as a .bat file from an icon on the desktop it is easy for the test operators to use but is there any way to set up windows so it can log off using the standard method from the START BUTTON?

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,828 Views)
It seems that using "shutdown -l" instead of "shutdown -s" will log off the current user rather than shutting down.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,818 Views)
Sorry,

as I work on a single-user PC, "logging off" was skipped over visually, and "shutting down" was registered in my brain.

As kejander said, switching the options on the "shutdown" command allows you to log off as far as I know.

Hope this helps,

Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,795 Views)

Hi Steve,

This is a known issue - certainly with LabVIEW. In that if you have LabVIEW open when you go to the Windows 'Start>>Shutdown' it only shuts down LabVIEW but not Windows.

What version of LabVIEW do you have? This was reported with version 7.1 and has been fixed with version 8.0

Regards

Hannah
NIUK & Ireland

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,774 Views)

Thanks Hanna

I am using LAbView 7.1 is this my justification to get an upgrade?

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,765 Views)