LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock front panel until the event case for this event completes

Solved!
Go to solution

A Dynamic Event is a filtered event? Is this why "Lock front panel until the event case for this event completes" is not shown on Edit Event window dialog? I use Dynamic Event so I can subvi the event structure.

I need stop my app from locking the FP whenever the user double clicks on the numerical array value (<-- the FP freezes the mouse and renders it useless) and stops the value from ever being changed. This event is registered for Value Change (not mouse up or down) and I get a locked mouse. As yet in the UI, no value changed occurs but I get a locked mouse. A LV bug?

Trying to KISS, I can see this fixing this by moving ONLY the value change event to the top level VI instead of a dynamic registered event in a subVI. This will give me the option to NOT "Lock front panel until the event case for this event completes" .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,724 Views)

OK, probably not a LV bug but computer hardware issue. I removed the value change event case for the array control and I still have the problem. My laptop hardware may be the problem, but I question why only this numerical array control makes this occur often enough and the only work-around is kill the app to clear the problem. Wonder if LV10 SP1 new compile improvement will address this?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,712 Views)

Hey Richjoh,

Here is a link to all the known issues with LabVIEW 2010 and 2010 SP1. You can search them see if it has been documented already.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/11869

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Perry S.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 3 of 6
(3,681 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author richjoh

For the dynamic events, you have to right-click the event registration node (where the event is actually registered) and choose not to lock the FP.

DoNotLock.png

Yes its not obvious but its there.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 6
(3,677 Views)

Thx, Ben that fixed the problem when I unchecked "Lock panel...".

So it appears LV locks the panel during runtime once the Dynamic Reg Events is on BD and it doesn't matter if your case to handle the Reg Events is created or NOT... interesting. That's why my mouse persisted to "freeze up" although I deleted the case for my FP array.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,656 Views)

@richjoh wrote:

Thx, Ben that fixed the problem when I unchecked "Lock panel...".

So it appears LV locks the panel during runtime once the Dynamic Reg Events is on BD and it doesn't matter if your case to handle the Reg Events is created or NOT... interesting. That's why my mouse persisted to "freeze up" although I deleted the case for my FP array.

Its situation like what you described that has given me many insights into how LV actually works. In one of my bbuggy VI's I found that a class wire can run a million miles through multiple sub-VI queues etc but the data itself is only touched when it has to be touched. in my case it was a crash while trying to write bogus class dat to a TDMS file.

I am glad you are back on course.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,651 Views)