LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock Task Switching

Im just wondering if LabVIEW has similar function like "Lock Task Switching" which Siemens WinCC has. It disables the user to switch to other task including keyboard shortcuts like ALT+TAB, Win+E, CTRL+ALT+DEL. I tried making my front panel the topmost vi but sometimes its buggy.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,221 Views)

Hi Popul,

If my understanding of your requirement is correct then the following link should help you

http://www.thelabview.com/2017/01/make-front-panel-front-most.html

Let me know if your requirement differes from this

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,183 Views)

What you are looking to do will not be possible using the standard LabVIEW calls. It is possible if you use windows C++ libraries calling from LabVIEW, with methods like SetWindowsHookEx. Forums post https://bytes.com/topic/c-sharp/answers/227955-disable-alt-f4-ctrl-alt-del-ctrl-esc-alt-tab gives an example code for doing most of the options you want if you decide to take that route. If you never called external langauges from LabVIEW before, it can be a steep learning curve. The one you can't stop is ctrl+alt+del which is a windows o/s system only message.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,149 Views)

Im currently using that solution. but sometimes i find it buggy in win10. Sometime i can CTRL+ALT+DEL but sometimes dont. My requirement in my app in to prevent user from switching to different app and prevent from closing the vi.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,136 Views)

You can capture the events in an event structure and discard them so the user cant close the application, you can also discard key events, but when it comes to ctrl+alt+delete you will have to use built in windows functions.  It sounds like you know that though and are having bugs in windows 10.

Disable Keyboard

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,130 Views)

I had the need to have my software be the only application running, and to lock down the OS.  So I made my EXE the shell instead of Windows Explorer.  This had a few side effects like the font size and other decorations weren't quite right since the Aero UI wasn't running but I worked around this.  I can't remember if CTRL+ALT+Delete did any thing but there was no start button, and I could disable task manager with group policy.  Basically the user could do nothing but run my program.  You could then login as a different user, and it would run my program which would run Explorer and give that user full access to the system.

Message 6 of 6
(3,108 Views)