LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock Tabs with Tab Control

Hi all,

I am working on a LabVIEW program with a tab control that creates five tabs with questions on each tab page.  I would like to lock the tabs such that the user could not move on to the second tab by clicking on the next tab, but only by clicking on the correct answer to the question displayed on the tab.  If that is not possible, I would like to at least lock the tabs so that the user could only move on to the next tab after a set unit of time, or that they were automatically directed to the next tab after that amount of time.  I'd really appreciate any help that could be offered!

Thanks!

Lora

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,086 Views)
One quick way is to change the tab control into a tab indicator.  With this, only the program can show what tab is shown by way of what integer number is written to the tab indicator terminal on the block diagram.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,078 Views)
You could use an Event structure to detect when the user tries to move to a new tab and test for your conditions there.
Code Capture Tool
Message Edited by jcarmody on 04-17-2009 08:03 PM
Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,052 Views)
I was thinking about this idea as well.  But one disadvantage is that you can have a slight flicker that shows the disabled tab between the time the tab is changed by the user and the time the tab is changed back to the previous value by the event structure.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,041 Views)