From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock-In-Amplifier SR830

Hi, I have an SR830 lock-in amp but instead of the standard GPIB or RS232, I would like to get the signal via BNC cable through an NI 9234 box. I was able to get some numbers with the DAQ Assistant, but I don't think it is getting the same data as the front panel has shown. Are there some settings that I am missing? Thank you in advance for helping!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,230 Views)

I suggest you look at the manual, it is well documented; what I am saying here is only what  I recall and my not be entirely correct.

I assume you are using the outputs from the channels to digitize. These outputs are ±10V and were meant to drive a strip chart recorder. 10 V represents full scale for your measurement, that is, if the the sensitivity is set to 1V and you get 10V out you have a 1V signal. So in order to get the same value as the display you need to keep track of the sensitivity scale and scale your values.

Lastly, I am not sure of the update rate for this output, I think is kind of slow, ie, no more than 512Sa/s, it may depend on the time constant . So what I am trying to say, adjust your digitizing rate accordingly.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,203 Views)

Thank you!!! It is more complicated than we thought originally. Will go back to GPIB or RS232 on the instrument.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,183 Views)