LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loaded runtime but missing visa drivers?

Solved!
Go to solution

I created an executeable on one pc and loaded it onto another with just the runtime engine installed.  Now the serial visa's will not work so I am assuming I am missing some visa drivers.  What would the best way to get these loaded, if in fact that is the issue?  The PC is no longer in my possession so I would have to do this by sending files and have the operator manually load them.

I have another PC at the location that does have the drivers.  Is there anyway to copy and paste the required folders or do I need to use an installer?

Thanks in advance.

LV 8.2.1

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,913 Views)

CTBK,

You need to install the NI-VISA Runtime Engine on the target machine.  Make sure to install the same version as the NI-VISA installed on your development machine.

P.S.  Best way to handle this is to create an installer that installs the .exe, LV Runtime Engine, NI-VISA Runtime Engine and any other supporting software.

Message Edited by centerbolt on 03-03-2009 10:00 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,910 Views)

Hi CTBK,

you also have to install the VISA RunTime Engine.

Mike

Message 3 of 6
(2,910 Views)

Thanks for the feedback. I am using OS WinXP and for the life of me cannot find a VISA Runtime engine in  the download section.  Can someone please point me in the right direction for a VISA Runtime engine for LabVIEW 8.2.1. 

Sorry for the noob questions.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,887 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CTBK

It's on your pc but you should be able to find all versions of the runtime here.

In your project, right click on Build specifications and select New>Installer. Follow the instructions in the help. The VISA runtime is included when you go to the Additional Installers category and click the NI-VISA runtime box.

Message 5 of 6
(2,885 Views)
Dennis,  Thanks for the link it worked well.  For some reason I have difficulty finding drivers on the site. Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,871 Views)