LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Little Arrows on Table - What do they do, Can you turn off?

Solved!
Go to solution

Please excuse my stupidity/ignorance, can't seem to find the answer on Google or in the Help.

I have a table indicator where the user is NOT allowed to change column widths. When the mouse is placed right below the column titles on the separator a little arrow(s) appear. I cannot figure out what they do and would like to turn them off if possible.

Any suggestions? (Not sure why the picture is merged)

Thanks

mcduff

Snap43.pngSnap42.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,025 Views)

I don't know what they do either. Could you place a transparent Boolean over the entire table (except its scrollbars) to prevent those arrows from showing up when you mouse over?

Message 2 of 9
(2,005 Views)

I am glad that I am not the only one who doesn't know what they do.

I can't place a transparent decoration for a couple of reasons:

1. I am using a "Ring Control" to allow user to enter values. The ring control appears when they mouse down on the table.
  2. I also have a transparent "File Control" over the table that appears and disappears that allows the user to "drop" an INI file on the table.

Cheers,

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,988 Views)

It's for user to select cells if the table is a control.  No use if indicator.

George Zou
Message 4 of 9
(1,982 Views)

@zou wrote:

It's for user to select cells if the table is a control.  No use if indicator.

Thanks. Is there a property node for them? Doesn't make sense to have in an indicator if not used.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,978 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mcduff

Cursor belongs to the OS, not an object.

There are VIs to set cursor, but it could make your VI very busy.

George Zou
Message 6 of 9
(1,971 Views)

If you change the table to an indicator, you can still register for mouse events on it and they will fire.  And if under "Advanced->", you turn off "Show  Selection", you won't see selection highlighting (dark blue outlines on cells).

On a "modern" table indicator I just tested (LV2019, Win10), I don't see the selection arrows, nor do I see the selection outlining.  Some combination of the above cures it for me.

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
(lapsed) Certified LabVIEW Developer
Message 7 of 9
(1,909 Views)

@DavidBoyd wrote:

On a "modern" table indicator I just tested (LV2019, Win10), I don't see the selection arrows, nor do I see the selection outlining.  Some combination of the above cures it for me.

Using LV2019 and Win10, I tried Modern, Silver, NXG, System, and Classic tables.

• *ALL* of them have the arrows, but only when I make headers visible.
  • The down arrow appears with "Column Headers" visible, but the two-directional pointer also needs "Row Headers".

So, one possible solution to turning them off might be to make your table work without using headers (but that might not be worth the effort).

-joeorbob

Message 8 of 9
(1,878 Views)

Thanks for the suggestions everybody. I already ocd'd over this table, and for this edge case, I am going to learn to live with it.

mcduff

OCD Part

I have a transparent file control over the table. This allows one to drop a file from the OS on the table; I use this to load INI files for the device. To have the table work with UI interactions you have to show and hide the transparent file control using a property node. This is easy enough using a mouse enter & mouse leave event; mouse enter hide the file control, mouse leave show the transparent control. Here's the problem part, right click menus accessing or dismissing may look like a mouse leave event or not register as a mouse enter event. For example, a user opens a right click menu somewhere off the table control so the file control is visible, they dismiss the menu by clicking in the table; that click in the table doesn't register as a mouse enter event. Now if the user clicks in the table it is inactive. A lot of work for a drop event that probably only myself will use.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,868 Views)