From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listening to User menu selection event within event structure

Hi guys, need your help again...

My GUI has a custom designed user selection menu during run-time. The user selects the desired mode to run through this menu, then the proper operation is run. In the attached picture, you would see a case structure wired to a Item tag which receives the desired mode to run which is selected by the user. The inner while loop actually houses a dequeue VI which dequeues the different states of the respective operation mode selected (dequeue VI not included in image).

The problem is, how do i program such that when the operation within the inner loop is complete, the user is able to change from the current running mode? I've tried placing another Event structure with Menu Selection (User) case within the inner loop to listen to changes of the menu but it doesn't seem to work. How do i let the inner loop to also listen to the changes of the operation mode while operating in the inner loop?

User selects running mode -> Mode selected -> States corresponding to the mode dequeue 1-by-1 and run (listens to menu after completing operation)

Message Edited by vcteo on 07-29-2007 08:40 PM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,199 Views)
Another thing, because within every running modes i would have another event structure to listen to the buttons corresponding to that mode, i managed to break the inner loop by adding another Menu selection event within the running modes. But is that the correct way, having another event structure within an event structure? Is there any other way?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,193 Views)
You should not need more than one event structure in your program. In the on-line help, search for event and read the caveats section.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,185 Views)