LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List execution priorities of all VIs in project

Hello all,

I'm using LabVIEW 2012.  Is there any way to list the execution priorities of all the VIs in a project please?

Thank you!

Zola

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,096 Views)

What do you mean by "execution priorities"?  What is it you are trying to find out?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,095 Views)

I've inherited some legacy code. I've been told the execution priority for some of the VIs is set to "realtime". I want to find out which ones.

The execution priority for a VI is set by opening the VI, going to File-> VI Properties and then selecting "Execution" from the pull-down menu. I don't want to have to do this for every single VI in this very big project (there are hundreds). So I wondered if there was some option to list all the VIs and show their execution priorities without having to write code to do it Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,093 Views)

I don't see "real-time" on the list of execution priorities, but I do see "high", "time critical", and "subroutine".  I don't know of any easy way to find out that information.  I doubt it exists because I think it would be very rare for anyone to do what you are asking.

That said, I don't think it would be difficult to write a small VI that would loop through your .vi files and read the Execution priority through a property node.  I did the following in about 3 minutes.  You just need to create an array of file names.  Perhaps using directory information to build the list.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,084 Views)