From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List box to update another from excel

Hi, I am currently creating a list box and updating it from a excel spreadsheet. What i would like to do is make a choice on that list which updates another list box, possibly from the same workbook just a different worksheet. So for example i have a list of products, say 4, of which i have a different sheet corresponding to each product with the avaliable tests i can do on it. So on the front screen you would choose your product and then choose your test depending on which product you choose. Any ideas? or is it easier to just use a tree and manually update it. I was thinking it would be a lot easier to update an excel sheet?

Thanks

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,997 Views)

Hopefully you're using events.  If so I'd use the value change event on the first list box to read the value, then pull the tests from the corresponding worksheet and populate the second list box with those values.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,972 Views)

Ok i will have a go at it. I am using events in a queued state machine architecture. Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,964 Views)