From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List Folders not working in Windows 7 (error 7)

With Labview 2011 installed on a computer running Windows 7 Pro, the "List folder" function under advance file I/O fail with an "Error 7" message.

The same function  worked fine  when I used Labview 2011 installed on a XP computer.(same hardware)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,445 Views)

Have a look at the following:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/CA516897BD8A80B8862578A90056DFD7

What happens after you turn off UAC?

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,442 Views)

Thank you for the reply, I found this link during my search for a solution. Unfortunately it did not work. Also this seems to be for a mapped network drive.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,423 Views)

I did find  a really odd thing though. When I list the c:\ drive it works fine. The drive I use for my application is w:\

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,421 Views)

You didn't answer my question: have you tried turning off UAC? What happens then?

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,413 Views)

It made no difference.

I know now what the problemm is, but have no solution. The computer is configured as a dual boot XP and Windows 7. The specific drive is shared between the two operating systems. I added a new drive and format it with Windows 7, with this drive the function works ok

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,402 Views)