From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List Folder Returns Incorrect Results for Folders on Network Drives

@Ironman_ wrote:

Ok so now that bug is confirmed...

As we discussed in the thread, the change in behavior happens as a result of a Windows Update. So let's not be so quick to identify it as a LabVIEW bug. 

Nevertheless, I will point the LabVIEW PSEs to this thread.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(777 Views)

Not really a bug, but I wouldn't know what else to call it.  It's a bug that was introduced by a changing requirement.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(770 Views)

you can call it whatever you like, bug, cat, dog...

Either Microsoft revert its code (good luck), or NI fixes.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(750 Views)

@Ironman_ wrote:

But you still missed the mark when demanding NI to create fixes for past versions too. NIs policy has been always as follows: changes caused by the underlying OS will be fixed with the next release of LabVIEW after that change occurred, and only if that fix can be done safely without causing backwards incompatibilities. If it is a simple fix it may make it into 2018 SP1 but that code is deep down in LabVIEWs attic from old days and a seemingly harmless change can have suddenly far reaching consequences, so SP1 might be unrealistic. 

They only do backports of fixes that are for serious security vulnerabilities, which this isn't. It's an inconvenience yes, but demanding them to carry the full burden of a f*ckup by Microsoft is simply unrealistic. You admit that Microsoft won't likely fix it, why do you apply different rules for NI?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(739 Views)

@Ironman_ wrote:

Those are two options.  NI only has control over one of those two and it's something to look at.

But, you present those two as the only possible options.  Darren posted a fix for you at the top of page 2.  If you're running into this issue currently, you can implement this without waiting for a potential patch or the newest version.  By sharing this, he's given you the ability to correct it without requiring either a patch or the newest version.  This is going to be the quickest method for you to get the fix.  It also adds an option that's completely under your control.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(727 Views)