LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking the build version in an About dialog

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an application whereby I use the build version number auto increment functionality.  And thats cool, it makes sure I keep my build numbers changing everytime!

But I also have an About dialog page where I have the version number also, so the client doesn't need to go to the exe, right click, version etc.

Currently, before any build, I go and update a text box with the version number for the next build...but its a real pain and sometimes I forget (luckily its always something I check before release though).  

Is there anyway I can link a textbox value to the version number automatically, so that I dont need to do anything manually?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,354 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author markza

Hi,

did you tried THIS ?

Best regards,

V-F
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,344 Views)

Look at this thread:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/File-version-info/m-p/361945#M183560

There are 2 methods - .NET and non .NET.  I have been using the non .NET version for my applications.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,342 Views)

Hello,

2 different ways are discribed here. Note that the second option will need slight modification if you are using other than LV 2009.

Hope this helps.

http://lavag.org/topic/12845-querying-the-build-number-of-a-built-executable-from-another-built-exec...

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,339 Views)

3 good answers in 6 minutes...

Next time please use the search engine before you post, then start a new thread if nothing comes up 😉

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,336 Views)

Thanks everyone. I'm sorted.  Biig help. 

@TiTou - Uhm, thanks for that, I did actually use the search function first, but those words are kinda popular with non related issues you know (version, build, exe, etc), so nothing actually came up of relevance.  I dont spam on purpose you know 😉

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,328 Views)

All right, my apologies then.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,320 Views)