cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link crio to smart camera

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I want to use my smart camera 1744 just to handle the aquisition and the Crio 9023 to handle all the processing. Problem is that I have 1 ethernet port on my PC. I used a hub to connect to both Crio and smart cam, but I cannot connect and run both VI's simulatous with my ethernet hub.

• Is there another way to connect them, like connect the smart camera to the crio instead of the hub? If so what is the step by step procedure?
  • Or how can I aquire images from the smart camera as if it was just a regular ip camera?

Thankz in advance?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,803 Views)

Seems like you should be able to talk to both. They are both real time targets. One thing I do on PC's is install cisco usb to Ethernet hubs to create private networks if the PC only has one. I have had multiple realtime targets on a hub with a PC and multiple PC's on a hub talking to a real time controller.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,796 Views)

Okay cool, i will try that, but can you connect to all targets at the same time on one ethernet port with a hub?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,776 Views)

Hi,

You should be able to connect to both at the same time.  the only problem you may see is slow down of data transfer if you are streaming both at the same time, but with only two targets there shouldn't really be to noticable a difference.

Regards,

Greg H.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,765 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author reigngt09

Okay thanks I found the problem - The ethernet hub I was using was old and maybe only supported 10mb/s instead of 10/100. So thats why I was getting collisions and why I was not able to connect to both devices simulateously.

Thanks for your help

Kind Regards

Ritesh

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,752 Views)