LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lin Bus using a Master and Slave 8476

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I'm kind of new to the LIN and have 2 Lin 8476s tied into one computer onto 2 separate pieces of hardware. One is a master with it's LIN tied to pin-7 from the hardware device and the other is a slave with it's hardware device tied to pin7. I need to read data from the slave LIN and pass it to the master LIN or vise versa. I modified this example to see if it would work. I see the message the slave sends to the master, but then it reports a LIN Bus error 84 00 00 00 00 00 00 00. The reason I have 2 LINs on the system is so I can intercept status data from the master and force errors into the data to see if the slave will respond with the errors. I need to get the 2 talking first to each other. Keep in mind the LINs are attached to separate pieces of hardware and not networked together. Does anyone have any information on talking between 2 LINs on a computer this way?

Attached an example I was messing around with to see if it would work, but it doesn't 😃

Thanks for you help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,311 Views)

Hi there. For future reference, when posting questions at the forum please try to use the board the gets closer to your application needs...in this case the Automotive and Embedded Networks board.

Now, to answer your question. I personally haven't tried that but consider interfacing to one network at the time, then integrate the code to work simultaneously. Plus, have you checked the NI Example Finder? I believe the example called "Multiple LIN Master Send Full Frame and Receive.vi" can help.

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,277 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author QRP

Thanks, I have resolved the problem. The error is a result of not properly loading the slave response table with the 16 response header frame prior to the slave sending a command. The 84 00 error means, it received a header, but no response.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,266 Views)