From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited number of inputs due to connector pane

Solved!
Go to solution

I am doing a code where I replaced the global variable with an FGV. But the limitation here for me is I am limited to the connector pane inputs. Right now I am using 8 inputs, so I use 8 inputs of the connector pane. In the future if we added more inputs it will be not possible with the FGV. So what is the best way to overcome this problem. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23
(2,650 Views)

Why you need 8 inputs for FGV?
You need only 2+1:
mode + data for inputs
data out.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
(2,642 Views)

You have me very concerned on how you are using the FGV.  Why replace the Global Variables?  Can you show an example of your FGV and how you are using it?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(2,639 Views)

Hi govindsankar,

why are you limited to just 8+8 I/O connections? There is a connector pattern with 28 connectors!

(Just being ironic. You are doing something wrong with your "FGV"…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 23
(2,617 Views)

As requested I have attached a small program where I uses FGV. It uses 8 inputs and 8 outputs. I didnt use the error. If use error it will become 9.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(2,609 Views)

Hi Gerdw,

Yes I know there are more connector panes, but I am just saying in the future what if I have more than 28 inputs. That is my doubt. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23
(2,607 Views)

Hi govindsankar,

I am just saying in the future what if I have more than 28 inputs.

You don't even need your current 8+8 I/O connectors. (Atleast you should not.)

Unfortunately you attach your VIs just in LV2018, which I can't open right now…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23
(2,599 Views)

You don't have a doubt.  You have a question.

If you need more than 28 connectors, then you have a very disorderly program.  You should be using clusters to combine pieces of data that should be naturally grouped together.  In your current FGV, you have 8 identical datatypes.  Those should be in an array.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23
(2,598 Views)

I am attaching my code in LabVIEW 2014. Please chek it out. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(2,591 Views)

In my original code, I am using cluster. I have 24 inputs, i group them into 8 clusters having 3 inputs each, so I have 8 inputs. In this program, I just used 8 numeric to show everyone how I am doing the program to correct my mistake.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23
(2,590 Views)