LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Light up a boolen

Hi All,

I'm doing a subVI. i'm using NI-USB6008, port A10 to obtain voltage signal from my circuit board. When the supply is on, the voltage is 57mv & my indicator on my circuit board will light up when i shorted my circuit. When i didnt short my circuit, the voltage is 43mv and the indicator will not light up.

I have attach how i connect to my labview. the problem is that when i short my circuit, the indicator in labview is always in false condition.

Thank You.

Regards,

Isa

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,869 Views)

Please don't post your code within a propietary file format, and certainly not that horrible .docx format that Microsoft is trying to force down people's throats.  Most people don't have the latest version of MSOffice or the .x file format converters installed.

Either post your .VI or post the screenshot as a .png file.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 12-09-2008 11:27 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,853 Views)

Hi,

Sorry for that.

Regards,

Isa

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,843 Views)

The indicator belongs outside the case structure so it gets written for both conditions.

Or just connect the LED terminal directly to the output of the comparison operation. No case needed.

Message Edited by altenbach on 12-09-2008 10:05 PM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,828 Views)

Hi altenbach,

Sorry if i spell your name wrongly. You mean like that? But when i turn on my supply and shorted my ciruit, the boolean still in the false condition.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,808 Views)

Hi,

I Ihave attached a Vi hope this may help you. If you put a probe at the data wire you can find all information of a signal so you have to extract only the acquired data and then compare with the condition required. Let me know if i am wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,803 Views)

Hi,

Sorry for the trouble. I find out the way already. Smiley Wink

But i would like to ask another question. why when i didnt short my circuit, the boolean will still light up?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,802 Views)

Hi,

Just put an indicator at the data wire and check what is the data coming out of it then you can find a way if something is wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,795 Views)

Sorry, I have no idea how your signal looks like, but I have no idea why you think you need a case structure.

Just wire it like as follows, right? Why do you think you need a case structure here??? 😮

Isabella wrote:

But i would like to ask another question. why when i didnt short my circuit, the boolean will still light up?

Sorry, I have no idea what you mean by "short my circuit". Can you clarify???

Look at your code below! 

Also here you can wire the dynamic data directly to the terminal, get rid of the select and the two boolean diagram constants.

You are basically duplicating one of our typical Rube Goldberg constructs. Makes no sense at all.

(Sorry, I really never use dynamic data much, so I I am not really sure how single boolean outputs are handled when connected to dynamic data)

Message Edited by altenbach on 12-09-2008 11:44 PM
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,788 Views)

Hi,

what i understood from the code is if your acquiring  data from a single channel do averaging and compare , then the LED changes it status. Hope i am clear enough now.

Please look at the vi attached and let me known if any issues.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,784 Views)