From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License manager status for Labview runtime

We are using  a shared license between  Test PCs(for production) & our Development PCs  so  that I can test  the  Project before Deloyment.

The test PC used to  Snatch  the Development  License when   the EXE runs on it.  The issue seems to be solved.

How can I   concurr  from the License Manager that  no  development License is being    Hold  - up by the  test PC.

what   does   the License manger show if  labview   Runtime runs on the PC or precisily said   what it doesnot show.

hope the issues is rightly formulated !!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,803 Views)

The runtime engine does not need a license. You probably won't see it in license manager. The license is needed to build your VIs into an executable but not to run it.

(There are a few exceptions...things like TestStand, NI Vision I think require a deployment license)

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,800 Views)

yes Teststand needs Deployment license.

But how can I guarantee that no licence is being used by  Labview on that maschine.  As in the past It will   take a developer license.

Does NI provide any automatic method to check the same.  Can I block the PC from Taking the licenses?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,779 Views)

I'm not 100% sure of what you mean but you can:

- Deactivate a license in NI license manager by right clicking on it

- Untick 'use volume license server' in license manager in you are using VLM

- Delete the license files from your computer (there's a folder on your computer somewhere where they are all kept) - do with caution and backup the files first.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,771 Views)

thanks for the fast and accurate  Info ,  Sam.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,753 Views)