LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License for LabVIEW NXG Community Edition

Hi all,

I've just downloaded and installed LabVIEW NXG Community Edition 5.1. After the installation I'm supposed to activate the software using the identity-based activation, however the NI License Manager says that "there is no license associated to my user account".

How can acquire a license for a product which is free for non-commercial use?

Any help will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,113 Views)

You need to be logged into the same account that you downloaded LV NXG CE when you install it.  That being said, I had LV NXG CE 5.0 installed successfully, but I got the same error as you when I tried NXG CE 5.1

I couldn't get around it, but I figured since LV NXG 5.1 was basically DOA, I didn't follow up on it.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,083 Views)

Thank you Bill,

I've installed LV NXG CE 5.0 and when I go to register it I keep getting the same error. If I try again I get the message "Activation failed due to server error". It seems that I can extend the evaluation period so I'll do that, but it's not what I was expecting.

Cheers,

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,038 Views)

Hello, 

Have a look at the following article (https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000ww6wCAA&l=en-GB). If it doesn't help solve your problem, as outlined in the article you can create an activation service request even if you do not have support entitlements. 

Thank you, 

Message 4 of 4
(2,025 Views)