LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Level change indicators

Hello Experts in the house. Salutations. I am a graduate student conducting experiments that require me to detect really small water level changes at approximately about every 10mins. The whole gist is I have certain polymers that absorb water through a membrane, and i need to know how much water is absorbed. My design setup is such that i can see the water level decrease from my little 3d printed tank. I know i can relate water level reduction to volume of water absorbed by my polymer. I have found a water level sensor on amazon which i shall attach the link here. My question is , this particular indicator specifically states it works with an arduino board, and i would like to use mydaq board. How do i achieve this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHDZ3Q4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I thank you in advance for any help rendered. I would be monitoring this platform for answers.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,087 Views)

Judging from the sparse technical information I'd say:

Connect a stable 5V supply to Plus and GND Pin of the sensor. Perhaps myDAQ has such an output, but I'm too lazy to search for the documentation.

Then connect the S-Pin to one of your Analog-Ins of myDAQ, and the GND-Pin to an AI-GND-Pin.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,074 Views)

Thank you for the quick response. This seems like it would do the job. Would the displayed values be in voltages, and if yes, do i need to calibrate to get a relationship between voltage and water level.

Best

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,071 Views)

Judging from the link provided in the Q&A of your amazon link (off-topic: as a grad student you should have been able to follow that link yourself) you'll get an uncalibrated signal in volts (range 0 to V_supply).

And let me state, I am in high doubt that this sensor is capable to detect small level changes accurately.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
Message 4 of 5
(2,059 Views)

Thank you for all your help. I thought as much, but its worth a trial.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,052 Views)