LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lenovo notebook blue screens with HDSIO 6551 (LV2018)

Dear NI Community,

I have recently bought a new notebook, a Lenovo P15s Gen 2, and when I connect my Chassis to it, which includes two HDSIO 6551 modules, the notebook just freezes and eventually blue screens. The error code in the blue screen says "Clock Watchdog Timeout.

I am very puzzled, as I had absolutely no issue with my previous notebooks (also Lenovo).

FYI, the chassis I am connecting to the notebook is a PXIe-1062Q and it contains the following modules:

- PXIe-8301 (Remote control with Thunderbolt)

- 2x HSDIO 6551

- 2x PXI-4110

- PXI-4070

- PXI 2533 + TB 2633  (switch + matrix block)

The software I am using is LabVIEW 2018 and for the HSDIO I have installed the driver 18.5 .

The source of the problem should be the HSDIOs, because if I remove them from the chassis, the notebook does not run into any problem, in NI-MAX all the modules are correctly recognized and they seem to work fine.

I have searched on ni.com for incompatibility issues, but found no information.

Any idea where this could lie and how can I solve it?

Thanks,

Rosina

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(670 Views)

Update

Actually also the PXI 4070 makes the notebook freeze, if I try to use.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(649 Views)

There are a few things that would help debugging:

1. What is your operating system? Do you have the latest patches?
  2. What happens if you upgrade to a newer NI-HSDIO (or NI-DMM)?
  3. Is Secure Boot enabled?
  4. Have you tried the steps in the MXI-Express Compatibility Troubleshooting guide?
Tobias
Principal Software Engineer
Driver Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(629 Views)

What version of PXI Platform Services are you running? There was an odd issue with new versions of Windows and new Thunderbolt parts that was worked around in 20.7 or 20.8 (I think). Try the latest if you have something older than that.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(625 Views)